With Thanksgiving right around the corner, this is a great time to reflect on the things you are thankful for and honor them in a “song.” Here are some guidelines:
1. Choose 5-10 things that you are thankful for this year.
2. Now, write a poem or â€œsongâ€ to â€œhonorâ€ these things on Thanksgiving.
3. Set up each stanza of your poem using the following structure. Each stanza will have 6 lines, and your poem should have between 5-10 stanzasâ€”one for each thing you are thankful for.
Line 1. Praise my mom who works her fingers to the bone___________________ (Write what you are praising)
Line 2. Who loves me unconditionally (Describe what you are praising)
Line 3. Who/That (is) is the best cook ever ____________________ (Describe what you are praising)
Line 4. Who/That (is) ____________________ (Describe what you are praising)
Line 5. Praise the little girl ____________________ (Repeat what you are praising in a new way)
Line 6. He/She/It is ____________________ (Summarize what it means to you)
4. In the first line of the stanza you will write what you are thankful for. In the following three lines you will describe that person, place, thing, or idea. Then, in the fourth line you will repeat what you are praising. Finally, in the fifth line you will summarize what they (or it) mean to you.
5. Use similes, metaphors, and descriptive language to describe each thing that you are thankful for. You can also describe what the object does, or says to make you appreciate it so much.
6. One idea for your praise song is to write one stanza for each person in your family. You can read this poem to them for Thanksgiving, showing them how much you appreciate everything they do for you.
Examples using people, places, and animals.
Praise the little girl who uncovered beauty and hope in our lives
Who amazes us with her youth, her grace
Whose pureness overflows and ties a knot in our hearts
Who has wings that we do not see
She is an angel in disguise.
Praise the enchanting city of Venice, Italy
Where the sun ignites your heart and warms your bones
Where mystical waters flood the streets with each full moon
Where young couples mingle effortlessly on the cobblestone
It is my heaven on earth.
Who taught us how to love unconditionally
Who helped to make a house a home
Who still needs us when we are tired or sad
He is our protector.
One thought on “Write Your Own Praise Song”
Thank you for sharing this wonderful guide! Now i can make my own by following the steps you provided.