Today I started a 45 day “Healthy for the Holidays” challenge with my friends and teammates from It Works Global (my new job since I last wrote). I began what I called, Operation Feel Good, last January and since then have been on a journey to “feeling better.” It began with embracing the Paleo diet and lifestyle and has taken on many new forms since then.
I found out a few months ago that I have Adrenal Fatigue and have been making efforts to work on it since then. I’ve not been doing very well. Some of the suggestions my Dr. gave were to sleep in until my body naturally wakes up (impossible with two small children and carpool duties!), have my feet up by 8:30 and be asleep by 10 pm. That almost never happens! I am also supposed to be taking three different Adrenal Fatigue supplements three times a day and two different vitamins twice a day. I am NOT GOOD about doing this and it’s finally catching up with me.
On day 1 of my challenge I feel:
2. A few pounds heavier than normal
3. In a rut
Here are my goals for the next 45 Days:
1. Work out once a week (next Monday I start my Yoga Ballet Booty Bootcamp class)!
2. Eat less Fast Food and more Paleo/Whole Foods (less rice/corn, fried foods, chips and more fruits, veggies, healthy meats).
3. Take my Dr. prescribed Adrenal Fatigue Supplements every day.
4. Take my vitamins every day. I’m so excited to start my It’s Vital Complete Nutrition packs which meet all of my daily vital nutrition needs with added nutrients and minerals, superior calcium absorption, and triple strength support for heart health, in one pre-measured daily pack.
5. Continue taking my Greens every day. I am already really good about this because I know how much better they make me feel! This ensures I get 8+ servings of fruits and vegetables a day, along with a blend of 38 herbs and nutrient-rich superfoods.
6. Take Confianza as needed for stress. I am still dealing with general anxiety and take medicine for it daily. I would LOVE to be able to stop this and just rely on the natural supplements given to me by my Dr. and from my company. What I love is all of our products are made from all natural ingredients, grown from organic, non-gmo plants, herbs and botanicals. Confianza is a naturally based supplement that increases your energy levels while reducing stress and fatigue. So far it’s been a life saver for me!
8. Drink at least 60 ounces of water a day. I’ve been really slacking on my water consumption and have been getting headaches more often (a sign of dehydration).
9. Take Fat Fighters as needed. These are great for after those cheat meals! They blocks some of the fat & carbs from meals and help balance healthy blood glucose level and reduce cravings.
10. Get more sleep! I know for me to feel my best I need at least 8 hours of sleep, so that is my goal!
You can follow my journey here and on my Operation Feel Good facebook page.
I invite you to join in!!